Saturday, January 06, 2007

Pizza Time (Spinach & Mozzarella)


DSC02598
Originally uploaded by CorgiMom.
On Friday night, we went over to our friend's house for homemade pizza. And this is real homemade pizza - no Boboli crusts, no Pillsbury dough, not even a can of pizza sauce - everything from scratch. Which is usually more work than I'm up for, and to tell the truth, when I heard that the crust was still rising and that food wouldn't be up until close to 10pm, I serously considered popping in the Digiorno that was in the freezer.

But ooooooh man, was it worth it. Pizza this good almost makes me sad to order delivery. This one was the "girl" pizza (although my wife hates it when I categorize them like that) with spinach and fresh mozzarella. There was even a final touch of putting an egg in the center halfway through (so you essentially end up with an over-easy egg in the middle when you're done). I have to admit, I even liked the girl pizza, although I mainly had the one below.

* Mello Yello available! I managed to convert my friend a while back, so he often has stock available.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Was the addition of the egg part of the recipe? That is really common in Spain and France so I was wondering if maybe you experienced that on your mission trip :-)

CorgiDad said...

Both - it was part of this particular recipe, but we did experience it in France as well.