Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Molten Chocolate Cakes


DSCN0598.JPG
Originally uploaded by CorgiMom.
01.14.07

At first we were thinking about going out for some Thai with friends, but then we decided to stay in. Just as we had decided to make some Baja Fish Tacos, our friends called and proposed going out for dessert, and through that conversation they offered to come over and bring their turkey chili.

So we went with that, which it turns out was the right way to go - I ran out to the local mart to grab some Fritos that had been requested, and the first thing staring at me was Fritos and Cheetos on sale, 3/$5. Then I went to grab a lime for my wife, and just as I turned around after grabbing one from the shelf, I ran into the produce guy who was bringing out a new box, and he offered me a fresh one. To top it off, my last item to purchase was sour cream - which was also on sale, 2/$3.

But as I was out, I noticed it was starting to snow. By the time everyone was here, we decided to go with a local dessert option, and we opted for the box of "Molten Chocolate Cakes" that I had gotten from my office party gift exchange. Here is the result - they seemed to be a bit more on the "molten" side than I expected, but it was still good chocolate, so there was very little complaining. ;)

No comments: