Monday, November 27, 2006

My First Cheesecake!


Vanilla Cheesecake
Originally uploaded by CorgiMom.

When we were at my (DH) parents' house for Thanksgiving, my sister threw a birthday party for one of her old high school friends. She told me that her favorite dessert was vanilla cheesecake, and should she buy one or would I want to make one? Well, I'd never made a cheesecake before, and as I understood it was one of those mythical baked goods that was extremely complicated and almost impossible to do right. So I said sure, I'll make it!
Turns out, it's really not that bad. Mabye it's because I had Alton Brown on my side, but I thought it turned out quite well. It didn't really have enough time to cool before people consumed it, so it could have been better, but after it sat in the fridge for a while it was quite tasty. Maybe I'll have to make som more...

No comments: