Wednesday, December 13, 2006

M&S Grill

12.09.06

It's my mother-in-law's birthday, so we're dining in style. M&S Grill is a slightly more reasonable version of McCormick & Schmick's Seafood Restaurant, which was where my father-in-law had originally intended for us to go but was all booked up. Turns out it didn't matter - from all I could tell, the extra price tag for the full-fledged place wouldn't have gotten us more than we got.

My wife took charge of the appetizers and got some pan-seared ahi tuna and some phyllo dough filled with brie cheese. Quite fancy. For the main course, I went with steak, and it was pretty good. I think I'm a bit of a steak snob ever since I made my own last year on the grill and it was SO good. This one was good, though, and the au-gratin potatoes that came with it were quite interesting and unique in a tasty way. My wife's choice, though, was really good - salmon stuffed with shrimp, bleu cheese, and crab. Yum-my.

My wife also jumped on the dessert cart and ordered some creme brulee. We like creme brulee. Aside from the fun of cracking the top, it's just plain good.

Speaking of which, if I haven't mentioned it yet, you should go get a cream puff at The Bravo Cafe on Grand Avenue. They're $1.25, and they are essentially filled with creme brulee. You won't be disappointed.

No comments: